33 Facts About Me
Hey guys! I am back with another post! To be honest I had absolutely no idea what to write this week so I scoured the internet for some ideas. True to form, Google did not disappoint.
"Facts about me" was one of the most suggested topics and I thought hey why not; since I was not in the mood to write another travel-related entry and this seemed like a light and easy read for those of you who read my posts.
Trust me I am well aware that these random facts are completely useless to you but feel free to enjoy it. Who knows you might find some of these relatable and somewhat funny!
So here goes!
1. I was born and bred in Malaysia. I am from a small town called, Ipoh and Ipoh will always be HOME!
2. I am the oldest of three children; I have a brother and a sister. I have good relationship with both of them; after all they were my first friends. These days we do not get to see each other as much as we like as each of us live in different parts of the world. Sometimes I really miss my childhood days where celebrating festivities with the whole family was a given.
3. I genuinely enjoy my parents company. I love hanging out with them and you will too if you meet them!
4. I am happily married to my childhood sweetheart! We first met each other in chemistry class and the rest is history. We were in a long-distance relationship for seven years before we finally lived together in 2020 - the biggest silver lining of the pandemic. It would be false to say that everything was hunky dory during our LDR; we too faced our share of lows and cries. Ultimately everything worked out for the best and marrying my husband is my best decision ever!
6. I like my tea plain without sugar and milk but I love my coffee loaded with creamer and a teaspoon of condensed milk. Sinful I know but that is how I like it. I enjoy the occasional cappuccino and latte but my absolute favourite is " Kopi Peng kao" or extra strong Iced coffee from Malaysian Chinese hawker stalls - it is soooooooo goood! Madras Filter coffee comes a close second.
7. I enjoy reading and growing up I used to read every Enid Blyton book there was. These days I read books from different authors and some of my favorites include Danielle Steel, Amulya Malladi, Khaled Hosseini, Sophie Kinsella, and most recently Coleen Hoover.
8."It's Complicated", "Julie & Julia" and "Devil Wears Prada" are movies that I can watch over and over again. I am sure you can tell that I am a huge Meryl Streep fan!
9. I am terrified of wigs. Bizarre I know but I find them creepy.
10. I don't have any tattoos. I like how it looks on other people but the thought of something permanent on my skin doesn't really appeal to me. What if I don't like it after sometime; what do i do then? I am aware that you can have it removed but it is just not worth the hassle for me.
11. I am pretty adventurous with food and I enjoy all kinds of food but my favorite cuisines are Malaysian, Indian, Thai, and Italian. I also enjoy Japanese and Middle Eastern food.
12. I enjoy baking more than cooking. My first baking attempt was disastrous. lol I overbaked the brownies that you had to microwave it before each scoop. Had to throw the whole thing out. Having said that, I am happy to report that I have come a long way in terms of baking since that horrible experience lol
13. I love long-haul flights. I love to travel, to be in an airport and heck I even love air plane food.
14. My biggest pet peeves are; people spitting in public, people who walk really slow and do not close the closet or cupboard doors all the way.
15. I absolutely detest durians. Everything about this fruit - its smell, texture, and taste just puts me off.
16. Do not judge but I love pineapples on my pizza. Its sweet tangy flavor hits all the right notes that makes the pizza even more delicious!
17. I discovered yoga in 2022 and I have come to enjoy it. I like how my mind and body feels at peace after every session. I now practice yoga regularly.
18. Cafe hunting is my new hobby. There is something about aesthetically pleasing cafes that hits different, especially in Amman there are cute cafes at every nook. Each one unique with its own character. Exploring new cafes makes me feel adventurous yet relaxed at the same time. I particularly love rooftop cafes where I can get pretty shots of the sky.
19. I am not the same person I was five years ago. Over the years I have matured, lived, and learned. No shame in admitting that I have become a lot nicer and that I am a better person than I was 5 or 10 years ago.
20. I love luxury labels and I thoroughly enjoy the whole shopping in-store experience. I am far from a luxury bag collector but I have a few pieces that are very dear to me. I put in a lot of thought before purchasing each piece.
21. I am short-sighted and practically blind without my glasses. Also, I do not wear contact lenses because the idea of sticking my finger into my eyes scares me. So if you see me outside and are waving/smiling at me and I do not wave or smile back at you; it is because I cannot see you. Lol, I swear I am not a snob although most people say that I have a RBF. Lol. I promise I am nice and I don't bite. Lol
22. Spring is my favorite season of the year; the days are longer, the weather is warmer and the flowers are in full bloom.
23. I have a soft spot for old people. I once gave most of the cash that I had on me to an old couple in Tirupati and later found out that I was schemed. Learned an important life lesson the hard way. My brothers and I laugh about it now. Lol
24. Camping is not for me; glamping is more my thing. Lol.
25. Long walks make me feel calm and relaxed especially when there are doggies are involved.
26. My guilty pleasure is watching reality TV shows; my favorites are Keeping up with the Kardashians, Bling Empire, Selling Sunset, and Indian Matchmaking
27. I love planning parties and organizing them. I like seeing people have a good time.
28. I speak English, Malay, Tamil, and Telegu fluently. I understand very basic Turkish if it is spoken very slowly. I love learning new languages and I am currently learning French via Duolingo.
29. My favorite childhood memory is spending every holiday at my grandparents place. They used to live in a plantation and we enjoyed going on motorcycle rides with our grandpa and playing outside. Our favorite was our grandma's stories. She used to tell us stories while feeding us and before bedtime. Precious memories that I will forever cherish.
30. One of the items on my bucket list is to witness an aurora.
31. If I could live anywhere in the world, I would like to live by a beautiful beach. Imagine waking up daily to the sound of waves.
32. I cannot live without my hairdryer. Lol I take it with me everywhere. I don't trust any other hairdryers lol.
33. I was born on the 7th of July so 7 is my favorite number.
So yep that's 33 facts about me! I hope you enjoyed learning a thing or two about me!
Toodles. Till Next time.